Sunday, August 15, 2004

The Loudest Call - My Bharat

Deathless it stands
undettered as a rock !
As ages pass,
and turn the clock.
My nation Bhārat
the greatest of all.
Today gives the world
one of its loudest calls.

The Call . . . . . . .
Come 'o' White & come 'o' Black
See my glory, nothing do I lack
Spiritual thoughts, you get in me
Picturesque beauty, come here and see
Tells you my people's intelligence:
"You can't continue
with your negligence"

Even your ancenstors,
came from here
I hav spread knowledge,
far and near
Today I reclaim my respect,
'cuase I've imparted wisdom
to each and every sect.
I've never asked,
for supremacy over the world
Never will I ever ask for it
I wan't to live
with you in harmony
What I just demand . . .
is respect . . .
What is just demand is respect . . .

-Nikhil Kulkarni.

No comments: